Grabbing a file from a website

Hello,

Can someone help me by pointing in the right way of where I can find out how to create a scripte that allows me to grab a file from a website and upload it to my server??

Sincerely,
Christopher
SEAS-Net

file_get_contents, and then fwrite with w+

Hello, thanks for responing.

I write to ask if you could give little more help. the file that I am trying to grab and put on server is http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/eo4.exe its a zipped file, I have four of them to get eo1.exe eo2.exe eo3.exe eo4.exe, I just got down figuring out a signin sys and get that running now :-) any how is the command you gave a good one to do this and if so are there any good examples of it in use for this type of file?

Sincerely,
Christopher
SEAS-Net

Is this a “Regular” process that actually requires a “Web Page” developed in PHP or is this something else.

Sounds more like you want to consider the use of FTP rather than PHP. However, assuming you DO want it in PHP, then what Acecool suggests should work. There are other methods as well (going the route of FTP), but I suspect that they are more complicated for what you are looking for.

As for “More Help” what have you got so far Give us a “Starting Point” to HELP you. After all this is PHPHELP.com

As of now, I don’t have any thing for the program to grab the files off the website, I do have a script that allows me to upload the files from my computer to the server after I have unzipped them.

the main thing that I am right now wanting to do is unzip the files using a script on the server then I will worry about geting the files automaticly

the host does not allow to have exe run so I have to use a tool to do this then, they are self exacting exe file and if I am right they can be exacted using a tool with out have to run it as a exe file

Thank for any help!

Sincerely,
Christopher
SEAS-Net

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service