gallery pages will not change

I never messed with any of the gallery.php script, but for some reason when I changed some of the other things, this got messed up.

Since I am pretty much a bull in a china shop, I am clueless here.

What is happening now is that when you go to switch pages within the gallery, the first page just reloads.

http://www.aequinox.com/art.html

We need a whole lot more information to even attempt to help you.

See here
http://www.phphelp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6371
and here
http://www.phphelp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2564

See now that is just so rude, why would a new person even attempt to learn anything here? No thanks.

He’s not being rude, you can’t just say “this isn’t working, fix it”. We need to see your PHP code in order to even figure out the problem, let alone help you fix it. Otherwise we’re just about as clueless about the problem as you are…

Da Warriah is right, no one is trying to flame you or anything. We are trying to help you help us. Think of it this it asking someone to fix your car in a dark garage. You need to shed some light on the situation in order for things to get fixed. In this case the code being the light. We all would love to help just need all the information, before we can.

I’m sorry if you felt I was being rude - I was actually trying to help you. The first and second link shows you an excellant references on how to ask a question. Many people do not know and have not been told - I sure didn’t.

If you don’t wish our help - I’m sorry to see you go. If you don’t want to do any research on your own and expect us to hold your hand the whole way… then maybe this isn’t the right website for you.

[b]Before you ask[/b] Before asking a technical question by email, or in a newsgroup, or on a website chat board, do the following:
  1. Try to find an answer by searching the Web.
  2. Try to find an answer by reading the manual.
  3. Try to find an answer by reading a FAQ.
  4. Try to find an answer by inspection or experimentation.
  5. Try to find an answer by asking a skilled friend.
  6. If you are a programmer, try to find an answer by reading the source code.

When you ask your question, display the fact that you have done these things first; this will help establish that you’re not being a lazy sponge and wasting people’s time. Better yet, display what you have learned from doing these things. We like answering questions for people who have demonstrated that they can learn from the answers…

Prepare your question. Think it through. Hasty-sounding questions get hasty answers, or none at all. The more you do to demonstrate that you have put thought and effort into solving your problem before asking for help, the more likely you are to actually get help…

Never assume you are entitled to an answer. You are not; you aren’t, after all, paying for the service. You will earn an answer, if you earn it, by asking a question that is substantial, interesting, and thought-provoking ? one that implicitly contributes to the experience of the community rather than merely passively demanding knowledge from others.

On the other hand, making it clear that you are able and willing to help in the process of developing the solution is a very good start. ?Would someone provide a pointer??, ?What is my example missing?? and ?What site should I have checked?? are more likely to get answered than ?Please post the exact procedure I should use.? because you’re making it clear that you’re truly willing to complete the process if someone can simply point you in the right direction.

Be precise and informative about your problem

*   Describe the symptoms of your problem or bug carefully and clearly.
*   Describe the environment in which it occurs (machine, OS, application, whatever). Provide your vendor's distribution and release level (e.g.: ?Fedora Core 1?, ?Slackware 9.1?, etc.).
*   Describe the research you did to try and understand the problem before you asked the question.
*   Describe the diagnostic steps you took to try and pin down the problem yourself before you asked the question.
*   Describe any recent changes in your computer or software configuration that might be relevant. 

Do the best you can to anticipate the questions a hacker will ask, and to answer them in advance in your request for help.

Maybe show some code so we can help?

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service