FACEBOOK ACCOUNT LOCKED OUT

Hi guys. I know this is not a PHP question but this is the best community on the web and I don’t know where to turn to.

My Facebook account has been temporarily locked. And now Facebook is asking me to scan and submit a Government issued ID such as my driver’s license, Social Security Number, Passport, etc.

I know they are trying to remove fake accounts, but my account is not fake by any means. This is ridiculous that they want me to send a government issued ID… I just don’t trust them to send such a personal information. Who do they think they are? The FBI?

Has any body experienced this? They don’t have any contact number or customer support email regarding this issue.

It’s frustrating and I haven’t had access to my Facebook account for over 2 weeks.

Can anybody throw some light?

Thanks guys.

I have no experience resolving situation like this with Facebook, but how else can you prove your ownership of your account? I personally do not see anything wrong in their requirement of scan of your driver’s license.

I don’t know. But my driver’s license has my home address and other personal info. They also ask for my SS# . I mean, would you give them your Social Security Number?

If all Facebook wanted was to verify that the account belongs to me, they already have my email, and some personal info that’s easily verifiable by asking questions I, as the owner of the account, would be the only person to know, such as my birthday, wife’s full name, a few friend’s names, family members, heck, my email address.

Besides a simple reset password link to my account’s email would do the trick.

Thanks for your input, though.

It may be easy for u to verify, but its not someyhing that they can verify eithout hiring a pi. Do the scan but block out the address. All they’re after is the date of birth. Dont send the ss card though. What u can do is send the a copy of the marriage license. That should be sufficient enough. But first id make.sure its real. My aunts acct was hijacked a couple nights ago.

Thanks for the info richei.

That’s also thing that scares me off. What if my account has been hijacked and I think I am dealing with Facebook when kr’s really not.

id contact fb first. They could be asking for the info because it was hacked.

That’s the thing… there’s no way or system to contact them.

I already submitted my driver’s License with my personal info blurred out. The stupid thing is that after you start submitting the image is when you actually get a message where Facebook tells you all they Need is your Name and date of birth and that everything else can be blurred out, although they point that this is optional.

Now I am waiting for them to contact me through my email for my account to be activated I’ll keep you posted…

I already did submit my driver’s license and I am still waiting. I get a message that someone from Facebook will contact me to my email address. It’s been a week already and nothing.

It’s so frustrating. If they are going to implement such a rule, they might as well do it right. I am getting pretty close to boycotting Facebook for good.

Still nothing… How can a company do business like this and get way with… I am so frustrated.

I heard first time Facebook want ID for security reason. I think your id may be hacked.

I don’t know what t thick at this time. It’s been over two months without my Facebook account.

http://www.facebook.com/help/185747581553788/

Facebook sucks anyways, you should never provide any information online, once you get Wanted by the police facebook will break all its terms of privacy and give all info about you to FBI.

Besides if your enemy wants your info, he will pay a shit load of money to get your info from facebook and they will sell your info.

Nothing is private, don’t believe privacy terms and conditions, never leak out anything over the internet.

Thanks for your reply. I did blurred out all personal info such as my address and the Driver’s license number.

I’m starting ti hate FB too, but I have so many friends and family I can only reach through FB. It sucks because they don’t even tell you the reason why your account has been locked out.

I believe if these actions continue it will doom Facebook for good. You just can’t ignore customer issues and never have to pay for it!

Whats the story now? I’m so curious. never experienced like this before.

JJ-DR, long time no see on the site!

Facebook seldom contacts you directly for this type of info. They would NEVER ask for a driver’s license.

But, there are many many hacks out there to take over someone’s Facebook account and appear to be
sending messages from facebook. The hackers want your personal info so they can steal your identity.

Be careful talking online to anyone now. You need to use a good solid protection and scan your system
completely. The problem is that Facebook allows plug-in’s to be placed onto their “wall”. This can allow
for someone to hack you if you allow a plug-in into your page. So, it appears that you are “hacked!”

Usually, to fix this, just change your password for FB. The hacker has your current password and is now
monitoring your page. (Not personally sitting there waiting, but, a programmed version that waits for your
ID to be posted to steal it…) It is very similar to the "ICEY FBI warning that is locking out people’s laptops
and desktops unless you pay a fee to the FBI. Funny, the FBI would never do that…

Or, you can contact Facebook directly and explain that you have been hacked. Facebook is set up for this
and you can contact them without logging into your account. Here is their site that has a link to the
correct page: https://www.facebook.com/help/131719720300233/ Hope it helps!

I forgot to add:

You have to click on the my page was hacked link. Look towards the bottom of that dialog and
near the bottom click the place-an-appeal. In there, explain what is happening and they will help
get you back online…

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service