Error after transffering hosts

I recently changed hosts and moved to website to a new server. It has become slow and i cant post any articles and i get these errors. How can I fix them?

PHP Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/z________/public_html/wp-includes/load.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/php’) in /home/z______/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 21

Looks from those error messages as though you may have a corrupted Wordpress install.

First thing to do is to re-install Wordpress and then see what happens.

Have you changed the site settings when you did the migration?

Well, there are many issues that can cause a working site to not work when moved to a new server.

Is both servers Apache servers or Windows? Makes minor differences in set ups.

Is the PHP level the same on both servers? (PHP 5.3 as in your or PHP 5.5 on the new one, as example?)

Did you install Wordpress BEFORE moving your site to the new server? As Astonecipher mentioned, might
just be that you never installed Wordpress on the new server first.

Lastly, different servers hosts their default web server folders differently. Your error message showed this
folder name: ‘/home/z________/public_html’ On you new server is that the same? /home/z______/ is
a bit odd, but, the layout of each server must be exactly the same for it to work by just moving the site to
the new server. Otherwise, you need to alter references in your code to the base page folders…

Hope one of these helps!

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service