Dynamic Include Help

Hello all. I am Jordan, and I am a beginner with PHP. Bare with me.

Ok, so my website is http://killinginthename.com. I use Wordpress for my blog. I also use a dynamic include to call my pages for my website. The index.php for my website is this:

[php]<?php get_header(); ?>

<div id="container">	
		<div id="content">
        	<div id="content">
<?php if (isset($_GET['x'])) { if (strpos($_GET['x'], "/")) { $dir = substr(str_replace('..', '', $_GET['x']), 0, strpos($_GET['x'], "/")) . "/"; $file = substr(strrchr($_GET['x'], "/"), 1); if (file_exists($dir.$file.".php")) { include($dir.$file.".php"); } else { include("default.php"); } } else { if (file_exists(basename($_GET['x']).".php")) { include(basename($_GET['x']).".php"); } else { include("default.php"); } } } else { include("default.php"); } ?>
			</div><!-- #content -->
		</div><!-- #content -->		
	</div><!-- #container -->
<?php get_sidebar(); ?> <?php get_footer(); ?>[/php]

Ok, so I have my pages and all, but I want to use more dynamic includes to make kinda a CMS type thing for my content. Like, for my tutorials, I want to use a dynamic include to call the category of the tutorial, and then the tutorial file.

I tried to do this, but it didn’t work. I made a new folder in the root directory called test. I made an index.php file and a categories.php file. I wanted the categories page to show when no other pages are showing. Kinda as the default page.

How do I use an include to link together the two includes? Because there is already an include to call my other pages. PHP still confuses me a bit. W3schools.com has been helping.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service