Dynamic Content / Site formating

Hello,
I have to following problem:
I am writting a site in Macromedia Dreamweaver MX / PHP4. I have all the graphics in place etc., and now I’m trying to get my content in. What I’m trying to do Is designate one spacific area on the site that would be the “content” area. When a user clicks on a link in my site, I want the new information to be presented in that designated area, without reloading the entire page. My thinking is to have something like a “target frame” but without the frame 8)
I’ve gotten as far as setting that area up as an editable area in Mcromedia. And I set my tamplet up so that it can take PHP code now, but I’m not sure where to go from there. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Boist

doesn’t require php.

however, i would suggest using a layer (insert > layer) and using an iframe inside of that:

http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html4 … frame.html

Hmmmm… I’ve done something similar with my site also created in Dreamweaver using a master template. One thing to remember is that, although not such a problem now, not all browers support layers and of course you will want your site to be accessible as possible.

On your template leave a space so you can insert new data by making that region editable then depending on the content for that page, either make a new page for each new content or control the content shown to the browser for example a members only section by php. For example if the viewer is a member show members catalogue, if the viewer is not a member show login joining page.

I hope this clear and helps.

Cheers,

soulman

Thanks, that was the piece I needed. Much appreciated.

Boist

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service