Customizing theme - help!

I’m having issues getting the Prolio theme behaving the way I’d like. In essens I’ve a div which contains a number of portfolio-thumbs which are being fed from the wordpress framework. This div, however, only allow up to 3 portfolio thumbs on one row - and since I’ve changed the normative size of these thumbs I’d like to display more than 3 portfolio thumbs on one row.

I’m fairly new in php, but I think I’ve located where the problem is:

[php]<?php

$featured_title = get_option('dt_featured_title');
					$featured_number = get_option('dt_featured_number');

$query = new WP_Query(array(
							'post_type' => 'portfolio',
							'posts_per_page' => $featured_number
						)
					);

$total = $query->post_count;

$i = 0;
					$o = 1;

?>

<div class="title-wrap">
					<h3 class="title"><span><?php echo stripslashes(htmlspecialchars_decode(nl2br($featured_title))); ?></span></h3>
				</div>

<?php if ($query->have_posts()) : while ($query->have_posts()) : $query->the_post(); ?>

<?php if(dt_is_multiple($i, 3) || $i == 0) : ?>
				<ul class="clearfix">
				<?php endif; ?>

<!--BEGIN .hentry -->
					<li <?php post_class(); ?> id="featured-post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">

<!--BEGIN .featured-image -->
						<div class="featured-image clearfix">

<a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>">

<span class="overlay"></span>

<?php dt_image(140,105); ?>

</a>

<!--END .featured-image -->
						</div>

<h2 class="post-title"><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h2>

<!--BEGIN .post-content -->
						<div class="post-content">
							<?php
								if ( !empty( $post->post_excerpt ) ) {
									the_excerpt();
								}
							?>
							<!--END .post-content -->
						</div>

<!--END .hentry-->
					</li>

<?php if(dt_is_multiple($o, 3) || $o == $total) : ?>
				</ul>
				<?php endif; ?>

<?php $o++; $i++; endwhile; endif; ?>[/php]

I would say that the [php]<?php if(dt_is_multiple($i, 3) || $i == 0) : ?>[/php] is setting up the appearance of an ul class=clearfix which holds the portfolio-thumbs…

My problem is no matter what I do to above string, I cannot get the desired response (ie. having 4 or more portfolio-thumbs on one row - while still holding flow and context of the site)

This is how it looks:
http://gmtn.dk/issue.jpg

There are way too many variables to solve this quickly for you. I suggest just contacting the Prolio people. But, then may charge you for help… I did a quick Google search for you on “PHP prolio alter” and found this where people are talking about altering this theme template. They are talking about it being in the options section and some mentioned the index.php file. So there is where I would start looking.

Here is the page I was reading on:
http://themeforest.net/item/prolio-a-powerful-portfolio-wordpress-theme/discussion/858396?page=3

Hope that helps…

the number of items to show is being pulled from:

[php]$featured_number = get_option(‘dt_featured_number’);[/php]

Look in the theme options in the appearance tab of the admin there should be an option for you to change it from there or you could override it but its better to do it from the theme options page.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service