csv to feed html

I have a csv file (sample below) that contains a daily scripture and text for 2008. I am wanting to write a script that will serve up each day’s scripture and text to a web site for that day. I realize this may be a little bit of a project, but any help would be appreciated.
I have limited html and php knowledge, but learn quickly.

**Sample of csv file:

Subject,Start Date,Start Time,End Date,End Time,All day event,Reminder on/off,Reminder Date,Reminder Time,Meeting Organizer,Required Attendees,Optional Attendees,Meeting Resources,Billing Information,Categories,Description,Location,Mileage,Priority,Private,Sensitivity,Show time as,

Daily Text,1/1/08,7:00:00 AM,1/1/08,7:00:00 AM,TRUE,FALSE,1/1/08,7:00:00 AM,2008 Daily Text,"Let us, therefore, approach with freeness of speech to the throne of undeserved kindness, that we may obtain mercy and find undeserved kindness for help at the right time.-Heb. 4:16.

As Christians, we can expect ridicule, persecution, and other trials. (Matt. 24:9; 2 Pet. 3:3) However, we know that Jehovah sees all things, hears our prayers and, at the right time, will straighten out matters according to his will. (Rom. 12:17-21) Therefore, rather than fear our opposers, we fear God and look to him to deliver us. Like David, we do not avenge ourselves, nor do we compromise righteous principles to avoid suffering. In the end, this brings happiness. But how? David’s fear of Jehovah did more than just restrain him from doing wrong. It strengthened him to act decisively and wisely under difficult circumstances. Though distressed, David did not despair. (Prov. 24:10) His fear of God moved him to turn to Jehovah, and he took to strengthening himself by Jehovah.""-1 Sam. 30:1-20. w06 8/1 2:8",Heb. 4:16,Normal,FALSE,Normal,3

Daily Text,1/2/08,7:00:00 AM,1/2/08,7:00:00 AM,TRUE,FALSE,1/2/08,7:00:00 AM,2008 Daily Text,"O that I were as in the lunar months of long ago.-Job 29:2.

When calamity strikes, who does not long for the former days? In Job’s case, he had lived a good life, seemingly sheltered from misfortune. Prominent people respected him and sought his counsel. (Job 29:5-11) He led a blameless life because he worshipped God. ““There is no one like him in the earth,”” Jehovah said, ““a man blameless and upright, fearing God and turning aside from bad.”” (Job 1:1, 8) But despite Job’s moral integrity, tragedies ripped apart his comfortable lifestyle. All he had worked for disappeared, and his true mettle was tested by pain, anguish, and frustration. Of course, Job is by no means the only servant of God to have suffered a personal catastrophe. Many Christians today can easily relate to his experience. In such instances, remembering Job’s ordeal can help us to face tragedy and can teach us to be more empathetic toward others who suffer. w06 8/15 1:2-4",Job 29:2,Normal,FALSE,Normal,3,

Daily Text,1/3/08,7:00:00 AM,1/3/08,7:00:00 AM,TRUE,FALSE,1/3/08,7:00:00 AM,2008 Daily Text,"When [Jesus] was being reviled, he did not go reviling in return. When he was suffering, he did not go threatening.-1 Pet. 2:23.

When encouraging Christians to be submissive even to harsh, unjust authorities of this world, Peter explained: ““In fact, to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you, leaving you a model for you to follow his steps closely.”” (1 Pet. 2:21) Submission in the face of ridicule and abuse may be viewed as evidence of weakness. Yet, that is not how Jesus viewed it. Some who watched Jesus suffer became believers, at least to some degree, including a robber on a stake next to him and the army officer viewing the execution. (Matt. 27:38-44, 54; Mark 15:39; Luke 23:39-43) Similarly, Peter indicated that some unbelieving husbands-even those who are abusive-will become Christians after observing the submissive conduct of their wives. We have seen evidence of this happening today. w07 2/15 2:11, 12",1 Pet. 2:23,Normal,FALSE,Normal,3,

Daily Text,1/4/08,7:00:00 AM,1/4/08,7:00:00 AM,TRUE,FALSE,1/4/08,7:00:00 AM,2008 Daily Text,"Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection.-Rev. 20:6.

When did the first resurrection begin? In a vision, the identity of the ““great crowd”” was revealed to John by one of the 24 elders, and these elders represent the 144,000 joint heirs with Christ in their heavenly glory. (Rev. 4:4; 7:9-15; Luke 22:28-30) Since John was still a man on earth when the elder spoke to him, John must represent anointed ones on earth. Thus, it seems that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today. The correct identity of the great crowd was revealed to God’s anointed servants on earth in 1935. If one of the 24 elders was used to convey that important truth, he would have had to be resurrected to heaven by 1935 at the latest. That would indicate that the first resurrection began sometime between 1914 and 1935. w07 1/1 2:5, 10, 11",Rev. 20:6,Normal,FALSE,Normal,3,

For a very simple script, you could do something like this:

- Read the file's contents
- explode() on commas
- Since you know the exact number of commas in each entry, use a loop that checks for so-many commas
- Display the contents using HTML formatting
- End loop

Ok great!
Could you please assist on how I would write that script?
My experience with php is limited to a php mailer and a php uploader.
Thank you so much.

No :) I know what you’re asking and I’m not gonna do it, because I have my own scripts to write and my own job to spend time on. Some pointers I am willing to give you though, are the following:

Handling Remote Files
file()
explode()
Control Structures
echo

That should provide the average willing-to-learn PHP newbie with sufficient information to do what you want to do.

sorry, didn’t mean to appear as so much a beggar (although truth be told, I wouldn’t have complained if someone did write the script for me).
i do very much appreciate your pointers, and will complete the task, thanks

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service