Contact Form Problem

Hello All,

I am VERY new to the PHP thing but I am a quick learner and can’t figure this LITTLE bit of coding problem. It is for a contact form for my website and it works well except for the errors. The ActionScript on the Flash page works very well. Here is the small PHP code I was told to put on my server:

<?php $subject = "E-mail from SLEG Site"; $message .= "Name $txt1 Email: $txt2 Comments: $txt3"; mail("[email protected]", $subject, $message); ?>

Here are the errors:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ‘’ (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/slentert/public_html/mailform.php on line 7

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ‘’ (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/slentert/public_html/mailform.php on line 8

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ‘’ (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/slentert/public_html/mailform.php on line 9

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/slentert/public_html/mailform.php on line 10

Very confusing since there are no “/” even in the code! I have tried and tried and researched for hours. I had made progress and only got two error lines, but now it’s back up to four error lines. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

The error COULD be in whatever lies in the variable(s) of $txt1, $txt2, or $txt3.

Also what is the rest of the code? It’s tough to decipher the errors without knowing which lines are Line 7, 8, 9 , etc… Although very often if you solve the first one, the subsequent errors were just a cascade of the first.

Finally, what O/S and version are you running as well as your webserver/version, php version?

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service