Capturing Data from Barcode Scanner

Hi guys. Just wondering if any of you have ever captured data for a PHP application using a barcode scanner.
I would like to capture information into a web app form field by using a barcode scanner app on an android phone but not sure of the best approach.

Appreciate you input as usual.

/Danny

Well… this isnt a ‘PHP’ thing. (at least not initially)…

Your first step is… ‘your scanner’.

What are you using? (phone? if yes, what app? if handheld scanner, what datasheet?..etc)

So after you figure out how you are ‘capturing’ your barcode (can you use QR codes?)… then we focus on what we do with it.

I have never done this myself, but if it were my project… I think I would be able to find some direction fairly easy…

1.) You are using Android phone… so you can probably make your own app using MIT App Inventor
2.) ^ That being said, you can probably already find something, to start with? (ie:

How To Create QR Code/Barcode Scanner Mobile App || MIT App Inventor || By Krishna Raghavendran - YouTube)

And then learn how to tweak it, so once the ‘code’ is scanned/captured, you can parse it, and check it for any validation you want… and probably open up the browser on the phone and go a pre-determined PHP scrip that takes in the data/params you send it…

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service