Cant Move PHP to Differant Flolder

I have a windows server 2016 running IIS. I am just trying to move the PHP folder from one named PHP v7.2 to just PHP. I do all the normal stuff, change the environment Variables, IIS Handler Mappings, FastCGI Settings, restart IIS, test PHP http://localhost/phpinfo.php I get the info sheet, but when I go to my sites I just get the word “Error” its like there is something somewhere still pointing to the old PHP v7.2 folder but I cant find it. when I put it all beck to the v7.2 folder all works fine, I don’t get why I cant move it.

John

IIS is not what I suggest it to run on, but it would appear you didn’t change a few settings. I only have experience with IIS running ASP sites however.

I have been running websites on IIS for over 30 years and never had an issue, and yes I am missing something that’s why I am on this form.

Thanks,
John

Are you running Apache on top of IIS or running PHP thru IIS?

no Apache, just FastCgi. Websites are Joomla and Wordpress.

This may help, and you may have already looked through it.

Another comment…

I used to use IIS but stopped as it was too finicky with folders. Under IIS, you can NOT just move to other folders. You first must tell IIS that you are creating a new website and steer it to the new folder system.
Then, move your files. Did you create a new website on your IIS control panel? It would be basically all of the exact same settings of the old one only with a different starting folder name.

Here’s another link with step by step instructions. Might help… Moving site with IIS

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service