cannot disable plug in and widgets

wp site.
upped OTW widget manager. tried it, unsuccessful.
site started showing widgets on wrong pages.
tried to remove plug-in. gave error message:

Warning: fopen(/home/nanaborg/nfcwp/wp-content/plugins/sidebar ) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/nanaborg/nfcwp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3508

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/nanaborg/nfcwp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3511

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/nanaborg/nfcwp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3514

Delete Plugin
You are about to remove the following plugin:
by
Are you sure you wish to delete these files? Click to view entire list of files which will be deleted /sidebar

disabled all plugins. nojoy.
removed troublesome widjets. no joy.
when reviewing site while logged in. all looks well.
when not logged in, a deactivated slider still runs, and side bar widgets appear even though they have been removed.

i don’t know where to start. -would really appreciate some help. -regards… al.

nanaimoflyingclub.org

You have a problem with your functions.php file if you look at the error message.

I would start by going via ftp to your site and delete the offending plug-in folder and its contents, it is in /wp-content/plugins. Each plugin has its own folder.

I would then do a re-install of Wordpress and if you are not using one of the inbuilt themes reload your theme.

That should get you into a much more stable position and you should then be able to sort your widgets out.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service