Calling an image

A few quick questions that would truly help me complete a project i’m working on.

I have the following script that generates an image. The script works great, but heres where I’m stuck:

1. When calling the image it doesn’t pull the latest (most recent), because the script is slow in creating the image.
  2. What is the best way to call the image?
  3. Can I execute this script in an html?

<?php resize("./", "http://images.wsdot.wa.gov/nwflow/flowmaps/sysvert.gif", "538", "./"); function resize($cur_dir, $cur_file, $newwidth, $output_dir) { $dir_name = $cur_dir; $olddir = getcwd(); $dir = opendir($dir_name); $filename = $cur_file; $format='image/gif'; if(preg_match("/.jpg/i", "$filename")) { $format = 'image/jpeg'; } if (preg_match("/.gif/i", "$filename")) { $format = 'image/gif'; } if(preg_match("/.png/i", "$filename")) { $format = 'image/png'; } if($format!='') { list($width, $height) = getimagesize($filename); $newheight=$height*$newwidth/$width; switch($format) { case 'image/jpeg': $source = imagecreatefromjpeg($filename); break; case 'image/gif'; $source = imagecreatefromgif($filename); break; case 'image/png': $source = imagecreatefrompng($filename); break; } $dimg = imagecreatetruecolor(640,538); imagealphablending($dimg, false); $source = @imagecreatefromgif("$filename"); imagecopyresized($dimg, $source, 0,0,0,438, $newwidth, $newheight, $width, $height); $filename="$output_dir/test1.gif"; @imagegif($dimg,$filename); } } ?>

Any assistance would truly be appreciated

THANK YOU!
J4v1

1. When calling the image it doesn’t pull the latest (most recent), because the script is slow in creating the image.
    I am confused… Are you calling an image that exists or are you creating one on the fly? (using GD Library or some other means)
    In either case, You can only call the image by it’s name. If you are creating it, are you “Destroying” it when you are done? If not consider it. If the file exists, you can only have one file with the same name in the same folder. So this confuses me as to what your problem/question is here.

2. What is the best way to call the image?
    Again, this goes back to how you are getting it. What do yo mean by “Calling” the images. Generally you will use the html IMG tag with the SRC attribute Regardless whether it’s a PHP created image or a static JPG or GIF (Or other image format)

3. Can I execute this script in an html?
    is your question “Can you execute PHP code in an html page?” Generally the answer would be no (For default settings anyway) You can alter you Webserver to parse html pages through PHP but it has to be a deliberate configuration.

Can you CALL a PHP Script? If you are using the GD Library to create images and the Image is something like MyImage.php you can certainly use the following (pseudo)syntax:

[ul][/ul]

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service