Background does not fully cover mobile screen

https://kevincranfieldwebdesigner.com/phoneSpec2.0.html

Hi its not a biggy but something has been bothering me with my site.

If I open on a mobile device the background gradient does not cover the screen. I get the background starting again 3/4 down.

If any one can help that be great also I tried logging in on my pc but I get an error that I cannot log into php help using this ip address. Connected to my home bt wifi… Same happened on phone so can only log in via mobile Internet on phone.

Thank you

Give your html tag a height of 100% to fix this:

html {
    height: 100%;
}

It fine if I turn phone landscape…

If I can figure out why I can’t log in on laptop at home I can share css

html body{
-webkit-background-size: 100%;
-moz-background-size: cover;
-o-background-size: cover;
background-size: cover;
}

This looks incorrect… You should make the HTML CSS a separate section. Also, Android phones have problems with background sizes, they do not adhere to them as you have them. Try it this way:

html { width: 100%; height: 100%; }
body {
-webkit-background-size: 100%;
-moz-background-size: 100%;
-o-background-size: 100%;
background-size: 100%;
-webkit-background-size: cover;
}

That should cover all possibilities…

Thank you will try when I get home, I be honest I was whacking lots of css I did not really understand trying to figure this out.

Plus I am using an android phone

Works better at start on mobile untill I play about with the buttons, not sure if I preferred it before. but on laptop gone a bit funny.

Are you using the same CSS on all pages? Perhaps you should get a framework for “mobile-first” like Bootstrap? I did not look at the layout of the site, just the CSS. I do not have an Android phone to test on. But, I see a lot of talk on the internet about Android having troubles with a full background. There are many many different ways to fix it. But, can not test it for you. There is an Android emulation app somewhere, but, you can test it. Here is another fix that says NOT to attach it to the BODY at all and just use HTML instead. Try this one:

html {
    height:100%;
    background: url(bg.jpg) no-repeat center center fixed;
    -webkit-background-size: cover;
}

Here is another one that they said to just use the BODY tag not the HTML tag:

body {
height:100%;
width:100%;
background size:cover;
background-repeat:no repetitions;
background position:center;
background insert:fixed;
}

And, lastly, another site mentioned that you need to set the size based on the screen size. So, for phones, you could so something like this:

@media (max-width: 650px) {
body.custom-background {
background-attachment: scroll !important;
}
}

That one is really the way you go for phones, you adjust the settings depending on how big the size of the screen is. In this example it alters whenever the screen size is 650 pixels or less.

Further questions. Which Android? 2.1’s have a lot of trouble with backgrounds. And, which browser? Chrome for Android, Firefox for Android, Androids built-in one? That might make a difference, too.
So, some testing possibilities for you to start with. Good luck!

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service