Automation in PHP/mySQL

Hi, first of all I am REALLY new to PHP and coding in general so apologies if this seems a bit trivial.
How would I go about implementing automation in php/mysql?
So, for instance, I have a website with a form that users fill in to determine a dance class that they want to be allocated to. They select their preference, an enum, (Beginner, Intermediate, Expert) and then also tick options from a set their skills (ballet, tap, street, contemporary, none), also basic personal info such as name and age.
How would I group each person who has submitted data into a class? So that for example, users with no skills go into the beginner class, and a user who can do ballet is suitable for Intermediate or Expert so she would be grouped on her preference. And then for the grouping to displayed on a webpage.
Is there also a way to implement a cap on each class, for say 5 people per class?

This is just an example, what I actually want to do is a little more complicated but I’m hoping someone will point me in the right direction :slight_smile:
Thank you!

There is nothing you said that can’t be done. Just take it one step at a time and ask for help when needed :slight_smile:

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service