Are you a gamer?

Well, it’s awfully quiet in here blows dust off

So what games do you play/own? What games would you like to play/own? What platforms do you own?

For me, I mainly play games on the PC, the last console I bought was a Gameboy (the big bad grey original one), and I have a NES and a Sega Megadrive lying around somewhere. My bro owns an N64, but has no games for it (then again, we barely have any games for the NES or Sega either, and probably about 15 games for the GB). Should I buy any of the next-gen consoles, it’d surely be a Nintendo Wii (can’t get assed to buy an XBox and Sony is just too cocky if you ask me).

So I’m left with a PC. And some games:

• Heroes of Might and Magic II*
  • Heroes of Might and Magic III
  • Heroes of Might and Magic V Collector’s Edition**
  • Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
  • Civilization
  • Quake II**
  • The Sims
  • Sim City 2000**
  • Sim City
  • Age of Empires Gold
  • = shipped with HoMMV
    ** = legal version (bought in store)

I mainly play HoMMV and MoH:AA lately though (and some games on an SNES emulator, and Hearts). I used to be a HUGE fan of HoMM3, until I got 5, which is more or less the same, but the graphics are SOOO much better.

So yea, that’s it for me. How about you guys?

Here is my list…

Xbox - Can’t remember all the games, but some of the better ones.
Halo 1 and 2.
Project Gothem
GTA 1, 2, and 3.

I actually loaned this system out to a friend and there is many games.

Xbox 360 -
CoD 2 and 3
Gears of War

I play those online pretty much all the time. I passed them first and then continue to play them online. I have a few other 360 games, but don’t remeber what they are! :slight_smile: We played Wii Sports for like 2 days straight. Then he bought PGA just recently and we played that this past weekend. Great game… I normally don’t like playing golf games, but its a whole new thing when you actually do the swinging! Great fun! He also has Zelda, but pretty much plays that when he is bored and no one is around.

Well, thats pretty much it for me!

That’s what seems like so much fun about the Wii: the whole actual moving thing! I don’t wanna button-mash, I wanna swing, make the moves I would when actually being in the game, stuff like that.

I’m quite lucky actually, i work on one of the biggest games websites in europe. I won’t give the name out because that would be telling! :smiley:

To be honest i don’t play many PC games but i’m addicted to World of Warcraft. It’s like a drug. I know that’s a bit sad but i just can’t leave the game alone. :D

I’m also into Gears of War on the XBOX 360. Anyone else play it much?

I do play Gears of War and was on a 2 week bender of it. Playing any second I could, but I actually haven’t had much time in the past couple of weeks to play much of anything! :frowning: That would be kick @ss!

I think I have my atari 2600 somewhere. It’s the best, that is after my PONG game.

I really haven’t been much of a gamer since they put 12 buttons, 3 triggers, a joystick and a direction pad. That’s not to mention the start, pause and select buttons. You end up having to be a contortionist just to move forward and then make a right turn.

The last game I really played (and that was on a computer) other than the occasional solitaire or minesweeper, was a simulation called Outpost. It’s kind of nice for when I am traveling (with the laptop), but I don’t do much of that any more either, and when I do, I am the one who ends up driving.

I recently found an SNES emulator for Pocket PC, which is very handy if you have a PDA. With a gf in the US, the 8-hour flight is a b8tch, and being able to play some oldskool games sure helps keeping from getting bored. The only drawback is the clumsy buttons (or having to smudge the touchscreen), but other than that, it’s a Gameboy gone right :slight_smile:

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service