admin links only show once logged in.

Hello,

I have build a cms which works great. I was wondering is there any way that I can have admin links only show if I am logged in?

I have no code to show as am not sure how to go about this.

Any help or suggestions would be great thanks.

If your CMS works with user IDs, you can simply use that as a condition:

[php]
if ($userid > 0) {
showAdminButtons();
}
[/php]

Or you could try the same with usernames:

[php]
if ($username != “” AND $username != “Guest”) {
showAdminButtons();
}
[/php]

Thanks for your help but am still a little unsure how to implement this,

I created my cms following a few diffrent tutorials and went from there.

would it be possible to see an example?

thanks very much.

Well, did you develop your CMS yourself, or did you grab a premade script? In the first case, I cannot help you. In the second case, I don’t think I’ll be able to help you either unless you specify just what you want where to happen.

I don’t think there’s much you can do without actually trying things out, and unless your CMS is already running in a PROD environment, you should be relatively safe.

I wrote the cms myslef using tutorials I looked at a few tutorials to see how to do it and then created my own its a very basic cms.

I have static links at the top as I wanted them in a certain order, as every page I created using the cms added links to the navbar.

What I need is an admin link on the navbar but only to show once I’m logged in.

here’s the cms http://www.webguideuk.com/php

Well, did you develop your CMS yourself, or did you grab a premade script? In the first case, I cannot help you. In the second case, I don't think I'll be able to help you either unless you specify just what you want where to happen.

I don’t think there’s much you can do without actually trying things out, and unless your CMS is already running in a PROD environment, you should be relatively safe.

Okay thanks anyway