Adding nofollow to PHP code

Hi!

I am a complete PHP noob. my understanding is pretty much limited to copy and paste. i appreciate any help! :slight_smile:

would anyone know how to add nofollow to the links that this code generates? this code manually adds “recent comments” to my wordpress sidebar - so it has no relational code in the functions.php, no plugin - this is all there is to it, and i would love to nofollow the comment links:

<?php global $wpdb; $sql = "SELECT DISTINCT ID, post_title, post_password, comment_ID, comment_post_ID, comment_author, comment_date_gmt, comment_approved, comment_type,comment_author_url, SUBSTRING(comment_content,1,90) AS com_excerpt FROM $wpdb->comments LEFT OUTER JOIN $wpdb->posts ON ($wpdb->comments.comment_post_ID = $wpdb->posts.ID) WHERE comment_approved = '1' AND comment_type = '' AND post_password = '' ORDER BY comment_date_gmt DESC LIMIT 4"; $comments = $wpdb->get_results($sql); $output .= "\n"; echo $output;?>

again, anyone that can help, it is truly appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Update this part of your code:
[php]$output .= “\n

• ”.strip_tags($comment->comment_author)
    .":

" . “<a href=”" . get_permalink($comment->ID) .
    “#comment-” . $comment->comment_ID . “” title=“Teen Fashion Blog” . “”>" . strip_tags($comment->com_excerpt)
    ."
  • ";[/php]

to this:
    [php]$output .= “\n

• ”.strip_tags($comment->comment_author)
    .":

" . “<a href=”" . get_permalink($comment->ID) .
    “#comment-” . $comment->comment_ID . “” title=“Teen Fashion Blog” . “” rel=“nofollow”>" . strip_tags($comment->com_excerpt)
    ."
  • ";[/php]

:slight_smile: THANK YOU!!!

a. thank you for answering so quickly. amazing.

b. THANK YOU for the code, it worked perfect.

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! it is truly appreciated!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service