A different script for displaying ages over 34

Hi Guys,

I did post about this before but received no replies…so maybe i worded it wrong. So here i go again.

I have a php script on my site to display my members ages…the trouble is, this doesn’t work for anyone over the age of 34 because of the unix mktime time stamp.

Is there another php script i could use…there must be another one?

I’m very new to php, so in laymans terms please and maybe an example?

Thanks again,

soulman :oops:

Yeah I remember looking at it… The only thing I can think of is using strings and converting to numbers and lots of ugly stuff. I did notice this while looking at the manuel for mktime

Windows: Negative timestamps are not supported under any known version of Windows. Therefore the range of valid years includes only 1970 through 2038.

and this for strtotime

Note: The valid range of a timestamp is typically from Fri, 13 Dec 1901 20:45:54 GMT to Tue, 19 Jan 2038 03:14:07 GMT. (These are the dates that correspond to the minimum and maximum values for a 32-bit signed integer.) Additionally, not all platforms support negative timestamps, therefore your date range may be limited to no earlier than the Unix epoch. This means that e.g. dates prior to Jan 1, 1970 will not work on Windows, some Linux distributions, and a few other operating systems.

I also found this in the user comments so maybe it can help you

y4yh00 at yahoo dot com 07-Apr-2004 04:58 For those looking for a solution to the 1970-2038 limitation, the adodb time library does the trick nicely.

http://php.weblogs.com/adodb_date_time_library
"This library replaces native functions as follows:

getdate() with adodb_getdate()
date() with adodb_date()
gmdate() with adodb_gmdate()
mktime() with adodb_mktime()
gmmktime() with adodb_gmmktime()"

Download the inc file:
http://phplens.com/lens/dl/adodb-time.zip

Enjoy,
rob

Thanks lig,

I guess this is a tricky one…especially for me as i’m “brand new” to programmig of any knid.

Thanks for you’re response, i’ll have a look.

regards,

soulman

Thankyou…sorted 8)

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service