Sending email by PHPMailer using PHP mail not SMTP

Okay, good news! The PHP is working correctly.

I altered your test file to display text and it did it as it should.
The library for the mailer seems to be incorrect.

TEST LINE TO SEE IF PHP IS SENDING TEXT TO THE SCREEN!

what about for the original contact.php how can i fix that? you can change it to your email to test.

Let’s get it working first, then move it to the live page…
(But, I am running out of time…)

So, it appears you are not using the standard phpMailer code.
Where did you get that from? I mean, the library is missing a lot of parts. (The ones that make it work!)
I can upload a copy of mine if your wish. Is that okay?

Thank you so much,
I tested it and got a email to [email protected]
now how do i connect it to this site http://rahmankhaliq.com/contacts.php
it is error now but I want user to be able to fill out Family Name, people attending and comments if they have and submit is hit a success message appears and then I will get that email with the details…

This is the main outcome i want Sir Ernie.

Well, I will upload the standard PHPMailer library. It contains documents, test files, etc.
But, it should make the test.php file work after that. Then, you can move it to your other page(s) as needed.
Hold on a few minutes…

I have them loaded. I kept your old folder and renamed it phpmailerOLD just in case.
I altered the test page code for testing. It is running, but, it is throwing out an error.
It says it can not find the first file that is needed to be loaded.

It is something to do with the folders. I have 10 minutes left and can help later when I get home, but, it will be around midnight. So, most likely it will be morning. I will let you know where I leave off in 10 minutes so you can change the password…

Well, I created a test2.php file that just echo’s a line of text. And it does.

I used the test.php code to load that second file using REQUIRE instead of REQUIRE_ONCE.
It worked and displayed the second line of test text. Therefore I know the code was pulling files from the phpmailer folder.

Next, I set up the rest of the code. There were some errors and I fixed those.
This last time it said it sent out the email. Please check your email and see if you got it.
(Actually, I sent a couple…)

Now, the errors did not show up. I did not end up loading all the extras for the phpMailer library. Just what you needed.

To check errors, they are posted in your folder where the program is running. And, there is none now.

Hopefully you got a couple emails from the site. I have to leave for several hours. You should change your password now. You can give me the new one if I need it later on. Now that the code is working, you can moving it to the main site’s pages. If you can’t figure it out OR if you did not get the test emails, I can help you in the morning… (Or tomorrow night if you are working tomorrow.)

Hope it worked! Gooddnight…

I edited out the username and password.

Thank you so much,
I tested it and got a email to [email protected]
now how do i connect it to the site
it is error now but I want user to be able to fill out Family Name, people attending and comments if they have and submit is hit a success message appears and then I will get that email with the details…

This is the main outcome i want Sir Ernie.

Well, my suggestion would be to make something like a contact-us form.
There are millions of ideas on how to make them on the internet or we can help here, too.

Once you set up the form, you would put a drop-down on it ( tag) and number it 1 to 10 or whatever.
Then the visitor to your site could select a number for the people attending and enter their names.
There will be a button to send message, but you can make it say send RSVP. Then, use the email like
we tested and make it send your email with the data in the email. Should work.

Try to drum one up and then when you get stuck, post your code and we can help you finish it up.

Here is one sample of how to do it: Contact-us Form

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service