Problem with PHP code that I can not figure out

That looks correct. When you get the 500 error, it should give you a line or two more of info explaining what the sub-error is. Can you post that?

Here a actual screen print:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at test.duphil.com Port 80

I finally got to experiment on the .htaccess code and found out if I took out the following code I can get my website back up:

php_flag display_errors on php_value error_reporting 7
I do not know what it was for but maybe someone can tell me what it does. Any way now I can click on my links and get another page but it gives me error on one part, so that is what I will be working on now.

Well, I researched your error issues. Glad we found it… Seems some servers do not let you change some of the error settings. There are many other places that a server can hide parms. One is in PHP.INI file. Also, in your rewrite routines, you are setting the value to ‘7’. This is basically setting parm 1 + 2 + 4. Here is a list of settings that can be altered in the error-reporting-level:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.configuration.php#ini.error-reporting
Select the first option “error_reporting” which is a different color to see what the 1 + 2 + 4 options are.
I really do not think it matters. Most servers display a “default” number of errors. And, some of these also do not pertain to the latest version of PHP. So, that brings up the question, which version of PHP are you running on your server?

So, at least we tracked it down. Sorry, I didn’t catch it for you sooner. I will mark this one solved and if you need further help, just open a new post. Good luck with the rest of you upgrade! CYA in the bitstream…

I am still having trouble getting a part of my links page to display. Should I open another ticket?

Yes, since it is a different issue with links, it would be a different topic. (I had already closed this topic.)
Thanks…

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service