Overriding parent theme array in functions.php

It looks like that is easy to do. I do have to run out for an hour or so.

I will see if I can sort it out for you a bit later on. Check back in a couple hours…

Hey. No hurry Ernie. Take your time.

Thank you.

How difficult would it be to “project” with the project categories?

Logically, you should be able to achieve this by searching the “functions.php” for “slug =>‘project’ ,” then changing the project category on the fly via a bit of code in the child theme or perhaps a simple plugin?

What do you think?

Thanks

Well, actually, I was looking into that option. I found the places where we need to change code, but, I was
seeing if changing them would interfere with other pages. Hope to have some info for you tonight.

Just going to eat dinner shortly a bit late. After that, I have nothing planned and should be able to send you
some info… Check back in an hour or so…

lol

Take a break man!!

No hurry really. I still have lots to do…

By the way, I don’t expect you to do this for free, that said, how much will I owe you?

I really appreciate the help!

Thanks E.

Brian

Brian, The code you showed and the copies you sent me indicated only three places that the “slug”
project name was used. Therefore, you should be able to override it if you read the details I sent to you.
They are not easy to post here on this site without showing a lot of the code from the template your bought.
So, it really doesn’t help others much unless they purchase the template. So, I think I will mark this solved.

As far as price? Well, I help people for free here on this site. Buy me a beer one day… LOL Not charge!

Later…

1 Like
Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service