Localhost vs CMD Line

AST,

IISC laws regulate all coding, data exchange and internet worldwide. Get informed!

All,

Kinda embarassed on this as it was a super simple oversight on my part! Any PHP file the first line must be “<?php”. I had typoed and put is “<php” which of course was not being recognized by PHP as a PHP file, so of course the cmd line was failing. I fixed this several months back, but just finally got around to posting this!

Cheers All!

Nyle aka TBNK
IISC COB and Enforcement Officer

PS
Yes I am the authority on all things security!

Hate to break it to you but, No they don’t.

I am not governed by anything they say, neither is the work I do for fortune 50 companies.

You being an enforcement officer and me saying you’re wrong, come enforce… :man_shrugging:

I have no idea what TBotNik is talking about six months later. I never said PHP was designed to run on a command line only. I said it was designed to run on servers. And, I use PHP on four different types of OS’s. Yes, one is a Windows server, but, seldom do much on that one. My Ubuntu server is local, another Ubuntu is on a super small Raspberry-Pi which keeps ads from coming thru the other servers and I have several Linux servers running in various places. All have PHP running in different versions for various reasons. So, I do not understand your rants.
Also, there are NO laws that regulate any of my coding, data exchange or the internet. You are wrong there.

I’m not 100% sure, but I think this guy can be safely ignored.

EA & SK,

The PHP certification test asks you “How do you display/show a new line?” The answer is “\n” (CLI) not “<br>” (HTML) so it is designed basically as CLI operations. Additiionally all files called with an “include” statement are processing libraries, so must be tested in CLI!

However using it in the browser means you have to assign HTML tags or cmds to PHP vars and then ECHO them to the browser, so the authors of PHP see it as CLI, not Browser. All PHP processed vars, including MySQL or other DB interactions are displayed via echoing them to the browser as 100% HTML tags, assigned by the PHP processor!

That is all!

TBNK

HUH?
CLI means Command-Line-Interface which has nothing to do with PHP OR HTML…
Who is mixed up on his/her terminology???

Echoing to a browser has nothing at all with command line calls… Also, \n is for displaying a new line same as \n\r is a new-line-with-return, again nothing at all to do with command line calls. Your terminology is incorrect.

Lastly, < br > is for browsers to skip to the next line which is called a “line-break”. \n means “new-line” which is slightly different. They both will skip to the next line, but, in some browsers and server’s will cause different outputs. But, neither have anything to do with CLI…

What are you arguing about? HTML and PHP commands are 100% different things. You are still just running around in circles…

Level 6 of Certification is compiled PHP as it compiles just like ‘C’ or ‘JAVA’!

All,

Thanks for all the help, but this is solved, but not sure how to mark it that on this site.

Cheers!

TBNK

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service