Help with php for a scoreboard

The changes made to the code have all been how it operates internally. It is using the original $_GET input data, and produces the same set of serial data sent to the scoreboard and the same set of json data stored to the file for the spectator board(s) to read. Aside from structuring the code so that it is easier to change, the only functional change has been to separate the raw input data from the formatted output data so that comparisons can be made on the raw input data. If all this uses the same input data and produces the same output data, why doesn’t the spectator board still/already work with this Play Cricket Scorer app?

@phdr thank you for the explanation.
Nothing you’ve changed has affected the app, it uses an integration.php file but it has never updated the spectator board but it been something I’ve been wanting to add.
It shouldn’t be too hard, the integration file takes data from the app and does whatever it does to send data to the Arduino, but there’s nothing in there that updates the json file that the spectator board uses.
Ill try to make a separate post later today.

@phdr these are the 4 files that it uses btscoreboard.zip - Google Drive
I have a PDF of all the available data outputs from the app.
So I guess there’s some code needed at the end of the uart-peripheral.py file that creates the json file.
I might be in the wrong forum completely here - it’s py, not php.
EDIT: I’ve created a post here: Modifying a python script to output data to a file - Python Help - Discussions on Python.org

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service