Having trouble with PHP/MySQL

What’s a cnf and where would I find it?

I did a search on it in the C drive and, after searching forever, it came up with nothing when I looked up my.cnf.

I did find this, though. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2482234/how-do-i-find-the-mysql-my-cnf-location#2485758

Supposedly the file is where the SQL server is. However, I’m not sure where that would be.

Ok, I think I found the file my.ini but not my.cnf.

I added this to the end of my.ini:

default_authentication_plugin=mysql_native_password

The error is still persisting with SQLSTATE[HY000] [2054] The server requested authentication method unknown to the client

Also, to make matters worse, for some reason I can no longer run the MySQL command line client. (Even after I removed the my.ini edit to see if that was it.)

Also, how do I start and stop the database server? it’s a nightmare to look this stuff up online as I’m getting all sorts of different sql guis and programs and operating systems.

Now I’m getting a new error.

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

This happened after I put that thing you said into the end of my.ini and then restarted the computer. (Also, after editing my.ini, I’m having trouble getting the MySQL command line thing to open, though that might just be a coincidence.)

I tried a bunch of that and now have a new error:

I changed the user to mongoose and the password to Melissa89 on the config.php and I thought that might possibly be why it wasn’t connecting but the error is still there. Did I break something by putting the default_authentication_plugin=mysql_native_password

at the end of my.ini?

I keep getting SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. now instead of SQLSTATE[HY000] [2054] The server requested authentication method unknown to the client

The current error is typical for a db server that isn’t running.

1 Like

Why isn’t it running? Was I not supposed to put that code at the end of the my.ini file? It seems that I run into one error after another. :sob:

At this point, I recommend that you save any .php files you have created, uninstall the web server/php and database server (you never answered what versions or how you obtained them), and install one of the ALL IN ONE xAMP packages which are pre-configured to work together.

1 Like

I got mysqli from Windows. I have had PHP for a while. Do I have to uninstall that one too?

UPDATE: I tried to install this WAMP thing and now it’s saying MSVCR110.dll is not there and is suggesting I reinstall it. What’s wrong now?

Did I go to the wrong site or get the wrong version? I told it to get 64 bit for Windows.

Some online people had this problem and suggested reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 but I tried that and it STILL won’t work. I tried downloading the DLL file and it STILL won’t work.

Something told me to install both 32 and 64 bit versions for 64 bit for Microsoft Visual C++ but the OS won’t let me.

UPDATE: Now the Wamp thing is running but all it does it pop up for a bit and then go away. (I was able to get it to find the DLL file by installing the Microsoft Visual Stuido 2012.)

However, I’m still seeing IIS when I start localhost, not WAMP.

Also, on the site, now I have a new error:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

What WAMP “thing”? Get rid of whatever “thing” you have and install Laragon and be done with it.

1 Like

I got rid of the program and installed this largon thing and now I’m getting this error again:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Did you get rid of every other trace of php and mysql? Did you start Laragon from it’s control menu?

No, I just left the IIS and the WHAMP and mysqli there. I have Laragorn as a file on my desktop.

I’m afraid to get rid of IIS as it might kill my PHP files in wwwroot.

Also, I don’t want to accidentally break PHP, which IS working at the moment. Can’t I keep them both?

Laragon is not a file, it is an installer

Edit: Back up your files and do what I said. Laragon is EVERTHING you need all in one.

There is this thing on Largon called “Database”. How do I set that up and also fix the other stuff without having to spend hours getting rid of IIS and mysqli and WAMP?

I tried Largon and went to Database and it said it couldn’t connect to the Server.

Now getting this error:

Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘localhost’ (10061)

This whole process is beginning to become more trouble than it’s worth.

OP is up and running. Problem was conflicting installs of mysql and wamp.

Little late but here is what I ran into. Updated MySQL to version 8 and suddenly couldn’t connect.

PHP doesn’t support caching_sha2_authentication

So for now have to use an older version of MySQL if you are using php until someone makes the appropriated fixes to php.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service