Need help Json/PHP

I need a little help with an implementation. Not a big job this time. I need to post some information to a service on another server (in the background) and pull some Json data back into a form and then be able to submit that form, with new data to a new service.

I have all of the pieces of the puzzle, but can’t seem to make it work.

Anyone interested in helping?

Doesn’t sound like you are looking for help, looks like you are wanting a solution.

If I’m wrong, where is your attempt?

This is my first post, so I apologize if I’m not clear.

I am looking to ‘hire’ someone to assist me in implementing this piece of my project. I can provide the details. I wanted to keep the information ‘private’ so I didn’t just post it here. But I’ll glad send it if there’s a way to protect privacy.

These are the instructions I was given. I’m having problems from step 3 on. The 2 conversion services are done and operational.

Basically I need to:

1. Collect user birth and contact data via a form on the site
    To use it you need to POST the following:
    • Year
    • Month
    • Day
    • Hour
    • Minute
    • Country
    • City

2. Submit data to the ‘convert’ service (already working) to get the corresponding UTC time (and validate location)

3. The UTC time returned on step 2
    You can do this either as an HTTP post or via JSON. The result is a JSON object that contains:

4.    Status: can be one of these -  Success, InvalidDate, PlaceNotFound, RequiredInfoMissing, TechnicalError

5.   if status is success the year,month,day,hour and minute of the UTC equivalent of the local time you submitted at that location. Please note that this service page should NOT be exposed for your users, it is only to be used from your code (i.e no user should be viewing this page).

To actually create (and send) reports you use a second service (already working) To use it you need to POST to this service the following:
• Year
• Month
• Day
• Hour
• Minute
• Name
• Email

Like the previous service discussed above you can access it both via POST params or JSON/

You’ll note that country and city are gone (the service expects the supplied birth date to already be in UTC) and it does have a Name and Email field which should correspond to the recipient.
To make processing efficient the service validates the request and (if all data provided is ok) returns a ‘Success’ status WITHOUT waiting for the report to be sent (which may take a couple of minutes).

Please note that this page should NOT be exposed for your users, it is only to be used from your code (i.e no user should be viewing this page). (along with the name and email) to invoke the ‘generate’ service
4. Show a success page to your user.

Just to clarify, you are looking to pay someone to finish your homework because you are stuck on something?

Yes. Looking for a quote to help me finish this form for a client’s project.

What is your budget?

This sure looks like a homework assignment. Clients do not ever give requirements written like this. And I do mean never.

First clue,
[php]To make processing efficient the service validates the request and (if all data provided is ok) returns a ‘Success’ status WITHOUT waiting for the report to be sent (which may take a couple of minutes).[/php]

cinched it,

Please note that this page should NOT be exposed for your users, it is only to be used from your code (i.e no user should be viewing this page).

I have a HIGHLY technical boss that measures ajax functions in micro seconds and I have never had requirements like this. The client is obviously the teacher and we must be dumb.

EmbraceFlux, if you are actually asking to hire a programmer, give us a better idea on your budget, your
time frame and someone here can help you.

If you are requesting us to do your homework for you, most of the helpers here will not do that. Pulling data
from a form and processing it is very simple and in most cases does not need much to accomplish. Since you
state that parts of your system already work, showing code might allow someone to help you finish it.

If you want to learn how to do this, we can post various tutorials that will teach you how it is done. If you
really want to hire a programmer, Kevin, Astonechipher and others will be glad to do the work for you. Just
let them know your budget and someone will respond.

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all of your responses. I don’t have a budget because I thought I could figure it out by looking at tutorials. I couldn’t find anything that I could use. I would prefer to figure it out myself, if possible. However, would be happy to pay out of my own pocket for some help to finish it up. It’s the last piece of the website to finish before go live. So time is of the essence.

How should I proceed?

You can start by letting us know what you can afford to spend on it. I charge by the hour as most programmers.

Also, you did not really ask a direct question on what you were having issues with.
If you want a good source of tutorials, here is one for you to start with. I selected it to open
with form processing. Just keep clicking on the “Next Chapter” to walk thru form processing…

http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_forms.asp

Maybe that will help you… If not, hire Kevin or post your code where it is not working…
Hope that helps…

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service