Displaying web pages with different screen resolutions

Hi, a nice day to all,
I’m AVERAGE creator HTML pages and desperately needs advice. I created a web page with three different columns on a laptop with a resolution of 1920x1080. Problem is with pages on screens with lower resolution (eg 1366x768, 1024x768, 800x600 etc.). You could write code so that pages to appear the same on screens with different resolution ?? On some pages, I have a sentences writing much small print (not readable), when using the same font and font size.

Sorry for writing, I’m not Englishman and not write English well. Thank you for understanding.

You are thinking about responsive web design, where your design adapts to the screen it’s displayed on.

Note that this requires quite a bit of work, adding in some rules to scale things instead of setting fixed sizes are pretty easy. But you usually also want to rearrange, or remove items based on the screen size.

Many today choose to design “mobile first”, which means they start up with a design for a mobile phone screen. If you start out on the smallest screen it forces you to find which parts are essential /most crucial to display to the user. Then you can adjust sizes, and potentially add content, as the screen grows and you get more screen space.

Look into bootstrap, which is a very common responsive css framework

Bootstrap is the quickest, easiest way to go mobile friendly. You can customize the framework to only have the components you want to use out of it.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service