Quick Question

[size=12pt][/size]I was wondering if there a way to change the color of the font when you have a form sent to email? I am not sure how else to phrase it, When t you send a form to an email, you get something like

Descendant’s Name: Fred Jones

You don’t need to tell me how to do this, I am just wondering if it is possible to do it, but is there a way to have either “Descendants Name:” or “Fred Jones” in a different color font? Either way would be fine.

This really isn’t all that important, it is just something I thought would make it easier to read if the fonts were different colors. If it isn’t possible then I won’t waste my time trying to figure out how to do it.

Yes, emails can either be plain text or html. If you send an html email you can use css which lets you style anything as a normal website. Just be aware there are quite a few quirks in sending html email compared to making a normal site, not much that cant be overcome though :slight_smile:

Note, this requires the client to support html emails. Most do, it’s mainly weird people like me who turn that feature off (security) who wont get the html stuff.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Now when I work on it I know I am not laboring under a misconception.

Swiftmailer and PHPMailer have an option where you can send both an HTML or a regular plain old email. I for one tend to just like the plain old email being sent, not just for security reasons. I think it looks better and it says to the user “Hey, I believe in content first!”. Then it’s also getting to majority people who check your email.

I had not heard of Swiftmailer or PHPMailer, I will have to do some research and see what they do. I just wondered if the font color could be changed to make it a little easier to read. It isn’t something that HAS to be done, I just thought it would be easier.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service