Problems with functions.php

I am having problems finding out why the functions.php code isn’t working correctly. I would really appreciate any help! I thought there was a way to attach the file but I couldn’t find it. If someone can help me I can send the file or I can put it on here. There are 800 lines of code so I didn’t want to risk taking up too much space on the forum.
Thank you! ~ Kristie

Once you create a real account then you can upload a file, some people use pastebin.com and link to it.

I set an account up right after I posted that :slight_smile: I attached the file, thank you for letting me know!

functions-file.zip (5.32 KB)

I’d strongly suggest you add some more info on this. How isn’t it working correctly? Do you get any errors? Anything else that might help? Atm someone wanting to help would have to proof read 800 lines of code, which isn’t really likely, or in any case at least a waste of time

I have a stupid question did you write all those functions without testing them out? Writing those many functions seems like a waste of time or that these were written a long time ago. Procedural programming gets messy and unwieldy, one is better off learning PHP Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) after they have gotten the basics of PHP coding down pat. Just my .02 cents

I don’t know very much about php so I guess I had idea really where to even start. I did a search online for errors before I started my post on here yesterday and it said a few different things. It said:
FATAL ERROR syntax error, unexpected T_STRING on line number 77 and

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘;’ in […][…] on line 557

I haven’t wanted to ask for help because I didn’t want to waste anyone’s time and I planned to donate if someone could help me. I don’t like using forums because almost every one I read people are very rude. I think I’ll discontinue this thread. Thank you very much to the couple people taking time out of your day to respond to my post, I apologize for my brief description.

Well, first, Kristie, your source code is only 400 lines if you dump all the wasted double-spacing…

Next, line #555 (keeping the double-spacing) is missing an ending paren… The line should be:

[php]
if (is_page_template(‘page-templates/team.php’) || is_page_template(‘page-templates/about-two.php’) || is_singular(‘portfolio’) || is_singular(‘galleries’) || is_page_template(‘page-templates/homepage-three.php’) || is_page_template(‘page-templates/homepage-four.php’) || is_single() ) {
[/php]
Note the added ) just before the ending brace. Also, the last is_single() has no argument in it.

The line #77 requests that a file in included using a a system file and plugin activation file. We have no way to
make sure that this file exists on your server. Perhaps you should check if it is in place.

Hope that helps…

Hi Ernie, I want to thank you and everyone that helped me figure out the problem with the functions.php code, I appreciate it so much! It’s working now, I’m so excited! :slight_smile:

Congrats! Come back when you have another issue. Glad you solved it!

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service