PHP form mailer not functioning after switch from linux to window

I’m not sure is this is the right directory but if not please appoint me to it. I recently transferred my website from Linux to Windows. All I did to transfer was download a local copy and upload the full site to the new server. …Transferred it to a windows server to change a few items and now the form is no longer sending the email as it should. The form itself is working fine, but we are not receiving the inputted information. I am not sure what I need to do… Someone told me the check PHP on the server… is is currently active PHP version 5.4. It is hosted on Godaddy. I see there are setting for permissions… I do not know PHP myself so I am just trying to see why we are not getting any emails. Can anyone tell me where to START?

I’ll take a stab at it and say the code you are using uses the mail() function? Are you on shared hosting or a VPS/ Dedicated server?

Using mail() on Windows Servers

One other issue might be the return address. I had a problem with a GoDaddy server as it needs a
return address from the server not your own. Something odd to do with redirecting emails so it is not
considered as SPAM…

Well, Julz, show us your email code and we can help. Since this is a code forum, we can not help you with
out seeing your code… Please post inside of the PHP tags and do not show any passwords…

Why in the world would you want to go from a Linux server to a windows server?

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service