display subcategories after selecting a specific category

I have a form that has two parameters amenities and attributes. The amenities parameter has a dropdown menu that whose value gets populated from a separate table. The second parameter is attribute whose value will be entered by the user and will get saved in a database. View of database will be:

[php]
ID Attribute Amenities
1 A Aa
2 B Bb
[/php]

Code for this part is

[php]

Amenities:
<?php $con=mysqli_connect("abc","abc","abc","abc"); // Check connection if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { echo "Failed to connect to MySQL: " . mysqli_connect_error(); }
				$result = mysqli_query($con,"SELECT amenities FROM amenities");
				echo "<select name='amenities'>";
				while($row = mysqli_fetch_array($result)) 
				{
				echo "<option value='" . $row['amenities'] . "'>" . $row['amenities'] . "</option>";
				}   
				echo "</select>";   
				mysqli_close($con);
			?>  
		</div>
</div>    
<div class="form-group">
    <label class="col-lg-3 control-label">Attribute:</label>
		<div class="col-lg-8">
			<input class="form-control" name="attribute" value="" type="" required>
		</div>
</div>

<div class="form-group">
    <label class="col-lg-3 control-label"></label>
		<div class="submit">
			<input class="btn btn-primary" value="Save " type="submit" name="submit">    
		</div>  
</div>
[/php]

Now I wish that when an amenity is selected from the dropdown menu all the attribute under that specific amenity should also get displayed in a tabular form on the same page. Code for entering and displaying the attribute is done on the same page.

Problem is that i am able to add the attributes but they are not getting displayed on the screen. Code that i used for displaying is

[php]

<?php $con=mysqli_connect("abc","abc","abc","abc"); // Check connection if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { echo "Failed to connect to MySQL: " . mysqli_connect_error(); } $result = mysqli_query($con,"SELECT * FROM attributes WHERE amenities = '".$amenities."'"); echo ""; while($row = mysqli_fetch_array($result)) { echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; } echo "
ID Attribute
" . $row['id'] . "" . $row['attribute'] . "
"; mysqli_close($con); ?>

[/php]

If I understand your question, don’t you just need to add the row.

echo “” . $row[‘amenities’] . “”;

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service