creating list whatever I update

Helli buddies
I m designing a website in which will push some text (text can be upto 500 words)from the back end and the user will be able to see the text at front end…now i am having two questions :-
1)where to save the text at server in file or database?
2)and how to create a list atfrint end so that whenever I push some new text from back end the user will get of list of titles of the topics and when he xlicks the item in list he can read the full topic?
I wanted to know the full procedure.please help me out.

php.net - You’re Welcome :smiley:

LOL, nice one Strider64! Karma’d you on that one… But, doubt this newbie get’s the message…

Sachin, is this for a class project or do you really want to learn how to do this?
You said you are designing a website, but, this question is extremely basic. My suggestion is to use
the database. Since your “backend” will need an ADMIN page for you to enter the 500 words and you
will need the web page to read them, it would be slow to use text files on the server. The database is
the way to go.

As far as the “full procedure”, there are many parts to this project. The uploading code for the words,
the reading the topic’s list and displaying them, the display of the topic that is selected. Perhaps you
should explain further what you are attempting to do. Once you get some basic code working, post a
bit of it and we can help you get it working…

Here is a site where you can learn about each part you need to know about to get you started with!
Good luck!
http://www.w3schools.com/website/web_database.asp
Select the “Next Chapter” button at the bottom right of the page to continue on. Once done with this
beginner tutorial, select a tab at the top for HTML, CSS, PHP and MYSQL to view help on those subjects.
In this site, you can find just about anything you will need to get your project started. Enjoy…

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service