Blank Line in Email Form

I have been trying most of the day today, well, off and on, to try and get a blank line in the email form that comes to me. I have a form that people fill out and submit and on the form is several names, like Descendant, Spouse, Child1, Child2, etc. I would like to have blank line between each listed person for easier reading, but I am having a problem getting it to work out that way.

My latest try was “\n”
I also tried ("\n")
And this ‘\n’
And this “
”;
As well as this echo “\r\n”;
There were about a dozen other things I tried as well, but so far nothing has been successful.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Actual code. There are differences in each of those and it depends what quotes you use, whether it is plain text or html email, and a few other variances all matter.

As far as I know it is just a plain text email. We have an HTML form on the web site and it sends the form data to the PHP script on the server and we get an email sent to us.

I have tried numerous things in an attempt to get the PHP script to display the data the way I would like it to look, but so far nothing has worked. I had wondered whether there was a bit of code that would tell the script to “put a blank line here” whenever it appeared in the email.

If you are doing a plain text email, I would suggest a HEREDOC statement. Then you can format it however in the heredoc and it works.

Could you give me an example? I am not sure I understand how this would work.

[php]$test = <<<EOD

This will be on a line.

This should be on a different line.

Signatory, 
    Papa Smurf

EOD;[/php]

I was under the impression you can’t have any blank space before EOD; In your example there is a whole line of space. Am I wrong on that?

No blank spaces to the left of the closure.

I still can’t make it work, I must be doing something wrong. That’s OK though, if I keep plugging away at it sooner or later I will figure it out.

And this "
";
Gives you one line break at the end of a string. To have a blank line, you need a line break followed by another line break.

Try “

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service